Tuesday, January 12, 2010

6 Week Check-Up Of My Surgery Journey

November 25 was my day of surgery. I thought, this isn't so bad. I was up walking in the hospital and was doing real good. Two or three weeks later I was back in the hospital throwing up blood. I would like to thank Jackie, Barb, Rachel and Shawna for
all the support they gave me during those days. The Lord really blessed me. As I get smaller, I put on an outfit and have to model it for Lynn, Scott, Daniel and Boo. I have to be honest and say there have been some very difficult days. My depression meds were messed up. I was embarrased to be depressed in front of of Lynn and Scott, but the doctor got them straightened out. I am still vomiting at times which is no fun, but that is normal at times. As of yesterday I am not limited as to what I eat. (even chili). Two ozs is the catch! Over that you really get sick and hurt. I can get up and down easier now and I sleep better. My daughter calls me every couple days to see how I am doing and to say how proud she is of me. Isn't that something? They have taken me off of 13 medications now ( some of which I had to take 3-4 times daily). So needless to say I am going through quite a change. Even through all of this I still thank the Lord for being with me every moment of the way. I love Him with all my heart and pray that each day I will become more of the saint He wants me to be. As I close, I am tying with tears in my eyes for my salvation and the promise He has given me.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hang in there! You are doing so well
I love you, Jennifer

Rachel said...

Eunice, I am just so proud of you! You are doing so well, and even if this is a very difficult journey, it sounds like it will be worth it. Coming off all those meds is amazing! So glad you can eat normal foods now. Enjoy your chili. ;)