Thursday, January 28, 2010

Encouragement

When I became a believer, I felt I didn't know anything about what scripture has to say. I did't know where to start, or how to understand the way people spoke back in those days. I would listen to mature believers and I thought I would never remember what the Bible said. I've tried to study going by books and Bible studies, but that hasn't worked. The Lord has answered my prayers. SUNDAY SCHOOL!!! I absolutely love sunday school. The leader reads the verses and explains each one in my language and at my level. I am learning so much and am so encouraged. Have you ever wondered what happened to Joseph (Mary's husband)? I could go on forever, but I wanted to say thank you to the men who teach and whom I have seen grown in the Word. You are truly a blessing from the Lord.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Now this is encouraging, Eunice! I am going to read your post to Dave. I know he'll appreciate hearing it. I am so glad you are learning in Sunday School!

Alex said...

I feel just the same way! The teachers do such a great job, and even when the other men add to what's being taught -- it's so surprising sometimes how apparent it is that God's plan from the Old Testament is played out perfectly in the New Testament. Even if it seems like there were some bumps in the road :) Sunday School is very informative and I always learn so much. (Sometimes I am torn when I volunteer to go teach the kids classes -- I want to sit and soak up the Word instead!)

Jackie said...

Eunice, This is so encouraging to the Sunday School teachers. I know they study very hard to prepare. I also like Sunday school and felt I have learned so much from the teachers.