Sunday, September 19, 2010

WORK TO BE DONE!!!

I had intended to journal after my gastric bypass surgery, but
that didn't happen. Just as an update, I went to my primary doctor
on Thursday. She said by her records I have lost at least 83 lbs
plus the 21 lbs I lost before surgery. Making a grand total of 104 lbs.
I would like to lose 20 more lbs. I praise the Lord for His strength
through all of it. Enough about losing. Since I have moved to Luther I,
I have seen doors open on a daily or weekly basis. I give the Lord all
the credit for that. BUT, the Lord is working in another way in my life.
When you live in a place like this you find alot of angry, lonely,bored
people which creates alot of negativity. Gossiping and rude remarks are
an everyday occurance. Complaining seems to be a must in order to "fit"
in. I will have to say there are many good things also. The Lord is teaching
me that how I live my life makes a big difference when I am around other
people. When the gossip starts its like the Lord is standing there shaking
my shoulder saying,"Eunice, you can make a difference here". I believe the
Lord is not only using me at Luther Place, but He is teaching me how to be
a true child of Christ. I love the Lord with all my heart, and I get tearful
when I think how much He loves me.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Eunice, it is an encouragement to me that it is obvious that you love the Lord when I talk with you. I hope that radiates from me the same way! You've done such a great job with losing weight and being consistent! I know the Lord is using you daily!