Saturday, November 14, 2009

New Journey

This is my first attempt at writing on my blog. It is so exciting!!! As many of you know I am having gastric bypass surgery on Wednesday, November 25 (the day before Thanksgiving)

On Sunday, which is tomorrow, I will be starting a special diet. I am going into this journey with a positive attitute knowing that the Lord is with me all of the way. I will admit I have had butterflies at times. Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Isn't it wonderful that we can turn everything over to God. It is real easy to turn over our burdens to the Lord, but we need to leave it with Him!!!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Welcome to the bloggy world. We are praying for you as you look forward to your surgery!

Love you!

Rachel said...

Missed you today - hope you're feeling ok!

Reagan said...

This is neat! I will be praying for you dealing with the surgery - I'm sure that can be stessful thinking about it at times. Good thing you can hand it over and God will take care of everything!